Our earthing/grounding mats work by inducing a safe and gentle flow of free electrons from the earth into your body. These electrons neutralise any harmful positive electrical charges in the body, charges which can be the cause of many inflammation based health issues and have a detrimental effect on your health and well-being.
These mats are highly conductive as a result of having a high silver count (55%), which means getting you grounded faster and helping you reap more of the benefits. Not only that, they're also fully antibacterial for ongoing hygiene and completely safe.
All our products come complete with a UK Plug.
In essence, using earthing/grounding products is the indoor equivalent of walking barefoot on the grass outside.
For more detailed information, visit our What is Earthing? page.
However, we would recommend testing the products once again at the 2 year mark due to wear and tear. You can do so by:
1. Using a Continuity Tester which tests the conductivity of the product. The Continuity Tester is a small hand held device which will show if an area of the product has lost conductivity in which case you can try turning the product around and using a different part or side of the product or if the product is no longer conducting at all and you will need to buy a replacement.
2. Using a Body Voltage Meter. This tester not only shows that the product is working but you can also see how much voltage is running through your body with and without our earthing/grounding products.
Scientific tests and research show that as little as 30 minutes grounded will start showing internal changes and benefits, especially in your blood.
Ideally we should be earthed 24/7, but daily life gets in the way, so even if you’re able to do just 30 minutes a day that already would be beneficial.
It is important to sleep earthed as we spend a large proportion of our time spent in bed and this is when our body naturally rests and recovers, so being earthed during this period is ideal.
This can be as little as a fingertip, to as much as your whole body.
Alternatively, you can use a grounding rod which you'd need to insert directly into the ground, but we do not sell these.
Legally properties in the UK have to be earthed, however if you would still like to check for peace of mind, you can do this with a Socket Tester.
If, however, you prefer to keep the socket switched on it won’t make any difference to the product's functionality and won't make it dangerous in any way.
The products are safe to use for adults, kids, babies, pregnant women and pets.
Do's- Wash a minimum of 2x per month or weekly
- Wash in a washing machine, with a mild detergent such as Earth Choice “standard”
- Wash with warm water, approximately 40-60 degrees Celsius (105 Fahrenheit)
- Dry in a dryer on low or line dry
- Iron on low heat, but only if needed
Dont's- Don’t wash with bleach or fabric softeners
- Don’t use whitening detergents (including lemons), oxi-detergents OR detergents with oils like lavender, coconut oil or eucalyptus oil.
- Don’t use dryer sheet fabric softeners or wool washes
- Don't apply lotions, medical creams or body oils before bed.
Bleach, body lotions and oils can tarnish the silver thread rendering it non-conductive. Fabric softener builds up on the silver and also ruins its conductive properties. Whiteners and bleaches will ruin the silver quickly and render them non-conductive. It is advised to wait one hour to use the product after applying lotion to the skin and to make sure the lotions have been absorbed by the skin